Love what you see? Submit your application today.
Little Doves Early Learning Centre
Your child's love of learning starts here. There are no fees charged for application to Little Doves, but a non-refundable enrolment fee of $200 is payable on enrolment.
Learning through discovery. Kristin Kindergarten caters for 4 year olds and supports them on their learning journey through the early years, transitioning seamlessly into Year 0 and Year 1.
Kristin School: Years 0-13
Along with New Zealand based students, Kristin welcomes students from all around the world, and have new students regularly joining the programme from countries throughout Europe, Asia and South America.
Online applications are preferred however if you'd rather complete a paper form, please download this here>> or collect a form from the Main Administration office at Kristin. An application fee of $225 applies.
Families are encouraged to make applications well in advance of the entry point for their child as we are experiencing heavy demand for places.
Once your application form is received, you will receive written acknowledgement and your child will be placed in our Applicant Pool. All applicants will be assessed on an individual basis and an interview with the Principal will be arranged for those who have been selected to the next stage.
THE APPLICATION PERIOD – Middle and Senior School Applicants
For students applying for Years 7–13, the entrance interview period is between March and June of the year prior to entry. All students will be interviewed during this period and results sent to families early in July.
THE APPLICANT POOL
We welcome applications for entrance to Kristin School and initially place all applications received in our schools Applicant Pool. Applicants in the Pool are not listed in any particular order and are assessed based on their merit and other factors we look for including the Kristin Values and Priority Points. Those who are successfully selected will be asked to bring their child in for an interview with the Principal for a final assessment.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
Not all applicants will be selected to interview when we are experiencing heavy demand for a particular year group. Some places are kept open each year for Scholarship entrants and also students coming from our overseas partner schools. In addition to the Principal's interview the following factors are taken into consideration in our selection process:
- A passion for learning
- Loyalty to, and pride in Kristin
- Determination to achieve excellence
- Willingness to be innovative
- Respect for oneself and others
- Christian values demonstrated through honesty, trust, respect, kindness, selflessness, spirituality and hope.
- Strong command of the English Language; Kristin’s language of teaching and instruction and learning
- Siblings, the school seeks to accommodate all siblings where possible
- Children of past students
- Children of staff
- Ex-pupils returning with the exception of students who have been asked to terminate their schooling at Kristin School
- Children of families of long-standing Kristin community members e.g. Kauri Club members
- Students from other International Baccalaureate schools
- Extra-curricular achievements
This application will take approximately 15 minutes to complete. You will need:
- Copy of most recent School Report
- Copies of any specialist reports relating to learning abilities, such as an Educational Psychologist report. It is particularly important that complete and accurate information he provided regarding any learning support or special needs for your child. It is essential that full disclosure be made at the time of application.
- Photo of applicant.
- Copy of full Birth Certificate. In some countries this document is known as the Family Register or Household Resister.
- Non-NZ citizens must also provide a copy of their current passport showing personal details and Residency Visa/Residency Permit
- International Students must provide a copy of their Birth Certificate an current passport (plus current Student Visa or Visitor’s Permit if issued)
GENERAL KRISTIN SCHOOL APPLICATION
The General Application applies to New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Residents and Holders of New Zealand Business Visas. If a parent of the student holds a NZ Work Permit, please also continue with a General Application and submit a copy of your Work Permit with this application.
INTERNATIONAL STUDENT APPLICATION
If the student is neither a NZ/Australian Citizen nor a NZ Permanent Resident please continue with an International Student application.
Please note, Kristin School does not generally accept International Fee Paying Students under the age of 13 years unless they live in Auckland with a parent permanently present. A copy of the student's birth certificate and passport must be provided with this application form.